Tuesday 22 November 2011

Disco Scratch Needs Your Help


For all of us religiously following the weekly Disco Scratch Radio show, you'll know that things haven't been rolling smoothly since the summer. The following is an open letter from the head honcho, Waxer........

Dear all Ageing B Boys & Fly Girls... an open letter to you. The POV was silenced 6 weeks ago and working an 80 hour week at the moment is kinda hard to fit anything else in... also recently had to sell all my gear so nothing to broadcast on... HOWEVER... I would dearly love to get back on air and I'm just asking something of you all... If I asked you lot to blindly donate some money to the Disco ...Scratch cause until I got to £170 which is what I need to pay for stuff to get broadcasting again, would you consider making the donation?

Every person who donates will get a bundle of niceness in the post and when I'm back on my feet a little bit, the freeness will continue with a second bundle out to fans of Ageing B Boys Unite! and Disco Scratch... not forgetting the monthly Heroes of UK Hip Hop takeover shows I'll be starting up again... this post is just a discussion, so if you feel I'm taking the proverbial, please let me know, it's just a tester...

It'll just be a paypal thing until I get to the amount I need, I've got the rest of the money I need but I'm a bit short and can't justify the expense when I've got so many other outgoings... You will all be truly rewarded if you contribute and when I do the first Disco Scratch Records release (hopefully next year) you will be mentioned as a contributor in the sleeve notes...

I'm in this for the long haul, just had a little glitch at the moment, so please post your response below, if I get enough positive responses, I'll do it... I'll let it run a few days and see what you guys think. Disco Scratch is 3 years old this Christmas, let's see if we can roll FOREVER! Here's the Christmas show first podcast from 2008: http://discoscratch.co.uk/2008/12/24/disco-scratch-christmas-podcast-featuring-corrina-joseph/

This one featured the missus, just playing some breaks & beats to the breaks, you know the steez... Bigup all family and let's see if we can bond together to make this work, I PROMISE YOU, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! Respect to all crew...
 

Any more information I get I will of course pass on to you fine folks. I think it goes without saying that our Thursdays have been that little bit darker recently - and that's not including the Daylight Saving shizzleness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.