Friday 28 November 2008

Track Of The Day #2


I finally managed to find a good copy of The Escapades Of Futura 2000 on mp3 the other day which means that I can listen to it digitally at last. My vinyl version can be safely tucked away and be given a rest from the 1200's.

I don't know why but this song is one I find myself continually drawn back to year after year. The phrase 'stick to your day job' comes to mind when Futura raps as his style wouldn't win any awards. That said, his unique delivery is one of the charms of this record.
What else makes this song so good is the fact that it was produced by The Clash who provide a really strong groove which screams old school - well it was 1982.

Here it is anyway. If a few of you are interested in the dub as well then let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.